Is it fast enough?

Reaction score
Hello

I just sold my iMac G4 yesterday and got a used first generation Powermac G5(1.6GHz, 1.25 GB RAM, etc.). I got this computer just for a general speed upgrade, but also to use Logic Studio 8 with. I know that Apple lists the requirements for Logic as 1.25 G4 and 1 GB RAM, but I know that if I were running it on a mac with those specs it would be just awful. I guess my question is... will I be limited to just a few tracks if I try to run it on my computer as is? I'll probably be upgrading to 3GB RAM soon, but don't have the money to do so yet.

What exactly in Logic is processor/intensive and what is likely to give me problems?

Also, are there any free tutorials online that will help me get acquainted to Logic's layout? I used to use Logic Express in the past, but even felt a little bit lost in that.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powermacG5 2.3ghz 2gig ram running logicpro7
macprovideo.com is the best tutorials but hey they are not free. i would advise you download some of them as they are the best.

I would recommend more ram for sure, just all depends on what you want to do. as if your wanting to use the sampler and AU alot you may have problems. Once u get the sound you want bounce to audio and am sure u should be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.