Want to be an ex PC user, please twist my arm.

M

MacHeadCase

Hey Hyper! Try out Adium like MacFanBoy suggested. It works pretty well and you might get better compatibility results than with MSN and Yahoo! There is also aMSN for OS X but do try Adium first.

OP
H
Reaction score
Hey Hyper! Try out Adium like MacFanBoy suggested. It works pretty well and you might get better compatibility results than with MSN and Yahoo! There is also aMSN for OS X but do try Adium first.

Ok, I downloaded it. Pretty cool but a couple questions. My yahoo icon used to bounce and indicate when I got a new email. How do I get the Adium icon to show me when I have new emails? Secondly, is there the ability to webchat wth Adium or not?

M

MacHeadCase

Augh! You're asking stuff I dunno!

*Quickly runs and hides under the desk*

Seriously I thought you needed those just for chat. Someone else will have to drop in this thread and pick up the help.

The only thing I know is that you can add functionality to Adium with plugins and that's about all I know really.

Sorry I can't be of further assistance. Hope you get the help you need, Hyper! :)

OP
H
Reaction score
Ok, I figured out how to get it to show me when I have email. Still wondering about webcam abilities.

You guys are great, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Ok, I figured out how to get it to show me when I have email. Still wondering about webcam abilities.

You guys are great, thanks!

Not yet, but it's coming to Adium soon... *edit, make sure you install Growl with Adium.

iChat can do webcam with AIM or iChat (.mac accounts).

I know you're getting there, slowly but surely, but if I can offer one peice of advice. Don't try and organise photos and music in the folders - let the application do it. Everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone, who switches from Windows to Mac does this. As soon as you start trusting the software ad working with it, you'll be so much happier.

Good luck - it's great to see someone getting so much help from this forum!

OP
H
Reaction score
Not yet, but it's coming to Adium soon... *edit, make sure you install Growl with Adium.

iChat can do webcam with AIM or iChat (.mac accounts).

I know you're getting there, slowly but surely, but if I can offer one peice of advice. Don't try and organise photos and music in the folders - let the application do it. Everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone, who switches from Windows to Mac does this. As soon as you start trusting the software ad working with it, you'll be so much happier.

Good luck - it's great to see someone getting so much help from this forum!

Hmm, growl. I installed it but thought it was some spybot(still thinking PC). What exactly is growl and what does it do?

Im still having issues with the way it organizes music and photos. I dont like that ALL my photos are viewable when you click on photos under library at the top. I also wish I could figure out how to hide folders, not just pics within folders. In terms of itunes, thats friggin annoying too. Lets just take the new Timbaland album for instance. Practically every track is written or sung by different people. Therefore, iTunes organizes it by author or album. Now Ive got several album art things for the same album and they arent all together(unless I list by album). But when I list by artist, they are all scattered throughout my collection. More unorganized than organized to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.