Dented MBP, What do i do?

Reaction score
I was at LAX a few days ago. Waiting on my flight i decided to get my lappy out and play a game or 2. When i got lappy out of my bag, i noticed something was wrong with the spec case. Then i looked closer and seen that it wasnt the spec case, but my MBP it self. the thin little strip above the dvd drive was bent out. Almost looks like some one jammed a screwdriver in the drive and tried to pry the case open. There is also a small dent on the top lid, not really noticeable but just enuf to where it bugs me. I am still unclear as to what happend to it. But apparently something hit it on the shuttle between my house and the airport. I will try to get some pics posted soon.

I have talked to the guys @the apple store and they are telling me that its gona cost me $1100 to have the skin replaced. $1100 ***! This MBP is only 2mo old, and i paid $2500 for it. I've seen a few places online that i can order the pieces. but I was told that if i fix it myself it'll void the warranty.

Any advice?
should i fix it myself and void the warranty?
should i just sell it and buy a new one?

Heres a link to flickr with the photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22248686@N05/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
check with the carriers, it they have damaged your computer it is their fault

was the computer with you at all times

OP
D
Reaction score
It happened before I got to the airport, Im 100% positive that it happend on the private shuttle service. I'm guessing that someone that got out of the suttle b4 me hit my bag with theres.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
It happened before I got to the airport, Im 100% positive that it happend on the private shuttle service. I'm guessing that someone that got out of the suttle b4 me hit my bag with theres.

if it was just some random idiot sitting next to you hitting your bag, i dont see that being the shuttle companies fault.

sounds like your SOL :(

you can look on the internet and find the parts you need

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
check to see where serial numbers are on each piece.

For EX:
my macbook has serial info on the bottom of the keyboard, inside the battery compartment. No way apple could tell if i replaced the base from what i see.

that looks really bad! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
use this service: http://macservice.com/macbookpro.html
I have heard really great things about them

it looks like something had applied alot of pressure to the right side of the computer causing the piece above the cd drive to 'pop out'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
You may find that, if like here in the UK, your "Home Contents Insurance" does cover your personal gear when outside your home up to a certain value. I have cover for up to £3000 that covers stuff like cameras, lappy's, for damage or theft.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.