Netgear wireless router

Reaction score
Okay I have Bellsouth DSL and from that box I have it pluged into the Netgear WGR614 v6. This router recently worked for every computer we pluged into it wired but not wirelessly. I had another router that worked only wirelessly but wouldnt work when we pluged in the wired ethernet cords (so we determined those terminals were bad and got this one) So not this netgear wireless router I have my powerbook g4 plugged into and my brothers toshiba laptop, but my parents laptop downstairs has to be connected wirelessly. We want to set up mine and my parents wirelessly and my brother will stay wired, but when all cables are pluged in the wired network only works on my computer. So I have tried hitting the button on the back to restore it to factory settings but that didnt work, still not wireless will be picked up on any computer and mine is still the only one that connects to the internet, I tried connecting my brothers into the port that I had mine in but still it didnt work. Now on my computer I tried to connect to the http://192.168.1.1 (the default netgear thing) but I could not bring it up so I was wondering what I need to do to get my mac and the other PC to reckognize wireless and my brother to be able to connect wired

OP
B
Reaction score
okay, everyone works if they are wired into the router, i just unplugged it an reset the settings and 10 mins later everyone was on, but what can i do to get the wireless working?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.