• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone firmware 1.1.3 leaked?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
via Engadget

Possible new features:
-SMS to multiple recipients
-Springboard (home screen) supports reordered icons and pagination (as well as web bookmarks)
-Google maps gets hybrid view and that nifty cell-based location system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hmm, actual features rather than just bug fixes? Interesting...

Now all I have to do is wait for it to be jailbroken and I'll be all over it :D

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Hmm, actual features rather than just bug fixes? Interesting...

Now all I have to do is wait for it to be jailbroken and I'll be all over it :D

Just curious, what apps do you use? I've bounced back and forth a few times with hacking my iPhone, but I'm back to stock now. I haven't found anything interesting enough to use on a regular basis :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think the Google Maps feature is a given since it's already been released for pretty much every other cell phone platform in existence. It's also the only one I care for on that short list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Just Plain Old Copy And Paste would make my day. JPOCAP is my new mantra. Oh, and natively synching notes would help too. Oh, JPOCAP text from some emails and web pages and put it into a note I can sync to my Mac. What a concept! That's just crazy-talk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
All I want for Christmas is a2dp so I can use my freaking bluetooth Motorola S9 stereo headset to put an end to wires hanging all over me when trying to jog or mow the lawn and listen to my ipod and answer calls as well. They work great with all my desktop Macs with Leopard and I have gotten spoiled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just curious, what apps do you use? I've bounced back and forth a few times with hacking my iPhone, but I'm back to stock now. I haven't found anything interesting enough to use on a regular basis :p

There's the IM program, voice notes, Netflix program, a bunch of games (can't stand web app games, native ones are so much better), VNC, adding custom made ringtones (i.e. free), and the ability to change the theme and icons of the phone.

I was going to mention re-organizing the Springboard, but it looks as though that's a feature that will be available in 1.1.3. I tried stock, I don't like the "crippled" feel it has compared to one with third party apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
There's the IM program, voice notes, Netflix program, a bunch of games (can't stand web app games, native ones are so much better), VNC, adding custom made ringtones (i.e. free), and the ability to change the theme and icons of the phone.

I was going to mention re-organizing the Springboard, but it looks as though that's a feature that will be available in 1.1.3. I tried stock, I don't like the "crippled" feel it has compared to one with third party apps.

word, why return back to stock? it doesn't hurt to keep it jailbroken. btw mine is the touch. I love it so much better this way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I went to stock for a little while when I had to upgrade from 1.02 to 1.1.1. Haven't gone back ever since ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

what is your method or ringtones, i tried the garageband method, and it did all but actually play the ringer when selected, it just played default :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
what is your method or ringtones, i tried the garageband method, and it did all but actually play the ringer when selected, it just played default :(

The garageband method worked fine for me. I've about 10 ringtones that all work perfect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.