problem with address book

S

samdesigns

OMG .. after i upgraded my system to the leopard 10.5.1, i suddenly found that the address book and the automator doesn't work anymore, i'm getting a message tells ( can't use the application with this version of Mac OS X ) while i'm trying to open it whatever from the dock or the application folder .. plzzzzz i need help .. i don't want to lose all my data on the address book .. thanks alot ..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Do you have 2 copies of those programs in your Apps folder? I keep all my apps neatly categorized in subfolders of the Apps folder, and sometimes when I do a system update, I wind up with a new version of an app while the old version is still in a subfolder.

OP
S

samdesigns

unfortunately .. i don't have a copy of them, and i haven't tried to copy them b4 ..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well for some reason, judging from your error message, you are trying to run an old version of the Address Book and Automator. You say you upgraded to 10.5.1. Did you have this problem with 10.5.0, or did you do a straight upgrade from 10.4 or earlier?

Do a Spotlight search for those 2 apps and see if there are duplicates for some reason.... just to be sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.