bluetooth support

Reaction score
Hey people

I recently purchased a new mobile phone, the blackberry pearl. It has bluetooth, my new 20" 2.4 ghz iMac has bluetooth.. so I figured it would work fine.

I'm having no problem transferring files from the mac to the phone, but when I want to transfer files from phone to mac it just doesn't work. I saw somewhere that it's still not supporting the blackberries but I'm not sure if I read it right or if it's true..

There must be a solution

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
yea... blackberries are very sketchy with macs

did you try browsing the device to get the file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are you using Bluetooth File Exchange in Utilities, often works when iSync will not work

OP
B
Reaction score
I am using the Bluetooth file exchange and it works great if I want to send files form Mac to phone, but can not send files from phone to mac... is there a third party application that might work?

OP
B
Reaction score
ok so the phone could receive files but not send
the computer could send files but not receive....
I go to system preferences and type in 'receive' in search.. it highlights a folder called SHARING, never noticed it before. All i had to do is turn blue tooth sharing on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I can receive files from my phone w/o having bluetooth sharing checked

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.