macbook pro on hdtv vga or hdmi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
hi guys i have just got my hands of a macbook pro well will have in a day or 2 so i will be connecting it to my hdtv i did this with my old macbook using vga but would a hdmi connection set up work any better? or work at better rez?

Reaction score
if you want to connect through HDMI, you're going to need a DVI to HDMI cable unless your HDTV has a DVI input. if it does, i'd suggest connecting your MBP through DVI and save your HDMI input for other HD hardware.

It would definitely look better than the VGA set up if that's what your asking. VGA, which is analog, sends interrupted signals to the display as oppose to DVI or HDMI, which is digital, sends uninterrupted signals. Therefore, you'll get a better picture quality and better color accuracy as well. also, the only difference btw DVI and HDMI is that HDMI can send both audio and video signals. DVI can only send video signals.

OP
proxy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
thanks alot i guess i will get on ebay for a lead lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.