iPhoto albums don't show up in iTunes for sync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.6 - iMac 20" for the wife
Hi

This is a recent problem, and I didnt do anything to my Macbook nor my iPhone, other than upgrading to 1.1.2 firmware.

In iTunes, I can set the music, videos etc for sync, but when I go to Photos, it takes a few seconds until it brings up the screen, then it shows no albums, only the Last 12 month, and most recent, and they are all empty. When I open my iPhoto, I can see all my albums, some 20 of them and they have plenty of photos inside.

What can I do to make iTunes see my current iPhoto library? At some time, I had the library on my local Macbook, then on the server, then again locally, and now on the server yet again. I never had this problem except now.

Thanks for any suggestions,

What does my iPhone worth without a picture to show it off with the 2 finger zooming.....

Cheers

Ben

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.6 - iMac 20" for the wife
Hi

Still fighting this problem, any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
I'll take a shot but no promises.

If you have moved the iphoto library a few times maybe itunes can't see it. First, hold down option while clicking on the iphoto icon and select the library. iphoto will open. Now close iphoto and itunes. Then open itunes and it should see your photos.

Again, no promises that I have any idea what I'm taking about.

Reaction score
Good suggestion. It does sound like iTunes is looking at a blank iPhoto library file so there must be a way to refresh that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.