Faulty Pixels in LCD

Reaction score
Bought my first Mac a few months back a Mac Book Pro which I love but nothing compares to my new 24" imac, its great!

The screen is just fantastic but I have noticed just one issue, I have one pixel that remains red all the time.

This is a problem with all LCD's, but do you think Apple would change my imac for one pixel?

Or should I just try to forget about it?

Am I being too picky or should I expect 100% perfection on a brand new product?

Do any of you guys have this issue?

Thanks

Ricky55

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
If it's red, then it's just stuck. I used to have some links to sites that would run programs when I had a stuck pixel, but I can't find them now. Surely someone here has a link to one.

I also have a dead pixel when I first turned on my MBP. Took it back to the Apple Store and they said 4 or more pixels have to be broken in order to get the screen replaced. They also said if they made their screens 100% perfect, their comps would cost even more. So they pretty much told that I payed them 3G for a broken pixel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Rapid colour changes can unstick pixels. Do you have the Apple Hardware Test CD that came with the computer? It runs a program rapidly changing colour of the pixels etc. and that may fix it?

OP
Ricky55
Reaction score
Thanks, thats good to know that its just a stuck pixel and not a broken one.

Can you remember what that application is called that changes colours?

Thanks

Ricky55

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It runs automatically when you launch Apple Hardware Test. Follows on after RAM, logic board etc testing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.