Help to empty trash

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'll explain the situation first.
I have a windows xp installed through boot camp on my macbook. While on Leopard I deleted a folder from Documents and Setting that was left from previous installation. So, the folder is in my trash now.

The problem is that I cannot empty the trash. I used secure empty trash and tried Command + Option + Shift + Empty trash, but neither helped.

Folder info says that the folder is locked and I can only read it (hence I cannot untick Locked to unlock the folder).

Is there any way to empty the trash? Using terminal? Changing permissions?
I'm new to mac, and don't know much. So please understand me. And also, I have read what people did to fix such problems, but still couldn't fix the problem.

Thanx.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, beemzet.

A simple question first: did you try emptying the trash or unlocking the file in the trash after a restart?

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you bubba for the reply.
Main menu didn't help, though.

I solved the problem by doing this:
I just booted to XP and opened .Trash folder (hidden) and deleted everything inside it. Then I restarted to Mac, and now the trash is empty.

Reaction score
Glad you figured it out. I've had to resort to command-line to clear stuff out of the trash a time or two but MainMenu usually does the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.