2 things I need addressed

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks Schweb!

Our school is getting a shippment of a new product the guy called 'Office 10' He said it had Mac Office, and a version of Virtual PC. Have you guys heard about this new product, or is it something else and the guy called it the wrong name?

Thanks!
-Kev

OP
M
Reaction score
I just looked it up.. Mac Office v. X comes with VPC version 6.1 *snaps fingers*. I looked up VPC v.7 ... $200< !! I'm poor... But I need it very badly.
Thing is... I will be able to purchase Mac:Office v. X for $20 through my school... but from what I hear, VPC 6 is junk. So what should I do?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Absolute Zero said:
...it is a fact that has already been stated and did not need repeating.

Second, c'mon, Microcrap? How original.

And, Office XP beats Office 2004:mac any day, its faster and easier to use.

From what I have read. M$ Office 2004 for the mac is better than M$ Office for XP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
MoltenLava said:
Do NOT repair permission very two weeks. Bad advice. It's like asking people to replace the tires on their car every two months. It's silly.

Believe it or not, rebooting really helps to bring back the speed of bogged down machine. You should reboot every two weeks, not repair permission.
Repair permissions does no harm and stresses nothing Theres never harm in doing it! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
witeshark said:
Repair permissions does no harm and stresses nothing Theres never harm in doing it! :rolleyes:
I repair permissions on a regular basis. There's absolutely nothing to endanger by doing so and it's a good preventative measure.

M

MoltenLava

Repairing permission is NOT a preventive measure. It's a little short of wasting time. Take an aspirin a day, that's a good preventive measure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
BACK ON TOPIC...(poor bloke is still waiting for his answer whilst you are batteling out the OS and Office wars...THINK ABOUT IT!)

My advice:
Get your hands on a copy of VPC 6 and see if you can live with it.
If you find it too crappy, wait a month or two (if you can) until microsoft ships a version of VPS that doesn't come bundled with Windows XP (that's why it cost 200$ at the moment - provided you have a copy of windows you can get the normal version for around 70$ i believe - when it's out that is...)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Isn't Windows XP $300...

OP
M
Reaction score
I get Windows XP Professional for $18.50 through my school. :p But I guess I'll see how this mother takes VP6, for now. *long sigh*
Thanks for all the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I believe XP Pro costs 300$, whilst XP home costs around $150.

But I suppose if you buy it bundled with VPC you can't use it on a regular PC system...?

Or they just assume you won't, cos, well DUH - we've got OSX...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.