how many RAM slots on an iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, 500Gb Iomega ext. HDD for Time Machne
Hi, I just bought an iMac on the 20th and loving it - 20" 2.4Ghz and I got the Apple Store to add an extra Gb of RAM whilst I was at it to bring it upto 2Gb.

My question is, how many RAM slots does an iMac have? If I decided to upgrade again soon, how many free slots do I now have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
It has 2 slots. I upgraded to three gig. Chances are, the mac store put a 1 gig slot in each. I have a 1 gig and a 2 gig in the other.

Reaction score
There are two slots in the current iMac. You can upgrade to a max of 4GB. If you want to upgrade to 4GB, you'll have to remove the two 1GB sticks you have in there and replace them with two 2GB sticks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8ghz 4GB RAM
How difficult is it to install this yourself? I bought an iMac with 1GB RAM and really wanted to 2GB. Apple was just too expensive with their RAM. I'd rather not have to take my computer to someone to install the RAM. But, I have never done something like this before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
@dodson: All it takes is one screw at the bottom of your mac. That's it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8ghz 4GB RAM
Cool, thanks. I was going to add some to my HP laptop and they made it sound difficult.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
never put ram into a laptop so I can't say.

it is easy to put it in a mac though, seriously - as long as you take your time and be careful there is little you can do wrong. it's just like lego, clips in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.