Just switched - goofy question

LSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2-2Gb-160Gb
Got the new MBP on the 24th, what a great Santa. So, having fun learning new systems but I didn't get the box of CD's I'm used to when getting a new PC. What happens if I need to reload S/W for any reason, where do I get it?:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
You should have got the install disc with the box. Just check it. Thats the standard shipment. You will have the defualt software on the install disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Every new Mac comes with restore discs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Yeah, you should have gotten one or two discs. One contains the restore DVD and depending on when your Mac was purchased you might have a Leopard drop in disc or possibly an iLife 08 disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Did you get it new or used?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, 500Gb Iomega ext. HDD for Time Machne
I bought an iMac on the 20th, and I thought the same thing at first - Did you get a small booklet titled "Everything Mac"? If so, you should have also received a small sleeve-like thing titled "Everything Else" - your restore discs should be in there. I then had a seperate Leopard drop-in DVD which I used, but I presume if I reload I'd need to use the Tiger restore discs then Leopard again, so you are probably in the same boat and need all 3 discs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
You would install with the Tiger install disks and then run the Leopard upgrade over the top of it. If you choose a clean install for leopard you would then after the install have to put the Tiger disk back in to install ILife. Everything is on those 2-3 disks though.

Reaction score
Got the new MBP on the 24th, what a great Santa. So, having fun learning new systems but I didn't get the box of CD's I'm used to when getting a new PC. What happens if I need to reload S/W for any reason, where do I get it?:D

I bought my iMac last Sunday the 23rd. It came with a booklet called "Everything Mac" and the OS X installation CDs called "Everything Else".

OP
L

LSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2-2Gb-160Gb
I bought my iMac last Sunday the 23rd. It came with a booklet called "Everything Mac" and the OS X installation CDs called "Everything Else".

OK everybody, many,many thanks. I did in fact go back through the box and the discs were in the sleve as mentioned. I must say, this is a very different experience - in a good way. Everything is well designed and very minimalist.

Cheers,
LSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
may I ask why all three of you have the same avatar... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I just leoparfied mine...

I finally got photoshop, so I am able to make decent looking images now...

Gaz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHz / Mac Mini 1.66 GHz
I just leoparfied mine...

I finally got photoshop, so I am able to make decent looking images now...

shame you made a mistake in your sig, whats leopard 1.05 like?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha... I just fixed that...
I had to redo the whole thing.
When I was saving it, It crossed my mind that I should save it as a psd first just incase I needed to change it
I just dismissed that idea and saved it as a jpg...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.