moving eyeTV to iMac from Mac Mini

Gaz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHz / Mac Mini 1.66 GHz
I've got a Miglia Mini with eyeTV, i want to put my eyeTV on my iMac, i have my serial code, but i've lost my CD, and im unsure of what version my serial code is for. Now it doesn't work or any current ones, and if i install the one im currently using on my mac mini on my iMac my serial code doesn't work.

is there anyway i can move the working app from the mac mini to the iMac?

Reaction score
This will show you which version you are currently using.

Open EyeTV on your mini, click on 'EyeTV' on the menu bar, select 'About EyeTV' from the drop down menu.

OP
Gaz

Gaz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That tells me the version i updated to. updates are free if your current serial works, which only works with the version you got when you bought it. so my current version isn't the one for my serial.

Reaction score
I've got a Miglia Mini with eyeTV, i want to put my eyeTV on my iMac, i have my serial code, but i've lost my CD, and im unsure of what version my serial code is for. Now it doesn't work or any current ones, and if i install the one im currently using on my mac mini on my iMac my serial code doesn't work.

is there anyway i can move the working app from the mac mini to the iMac?

Have you tried copying the EyeTv application from one to the other, then plugging the Tvmini to the computer?

I have EyeTv and the miglia mini, so does my girlfriend. Never had to do what you want to do though. Shame you lost the CD!!

OP
Gaz

Gaz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tried that several times, to no effect. i might have the CD down at my other place, but not going there for a week. will just have to wait it out.

Reaction score
Tried that several times, to no effect. i might have the CD down at my other place, but not going there for a week. will just have to wait it out.

Other than doing a spotlight search for EyeTv and chucking all the relevant findings in the respective folders of the other machine, I think either find the CD, or contact Miglia. EyeTv is obviously part of a package which includes EyeTv so they might chuck you a replacement. Good luck!!

Rimmer

OP
Gaz

Gaz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eyeTV isn't part of the package anymore, so they won't.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.