MacBook Pro with HDTV

Reaction score
Alright so I've been looking up various threads the last couple of days and have learned a lot but still have some questions about using a HDTV as my MBP monitor. I haven't purchased the TV yet and I'm looking in the price range of under $600. I want the TV to be able to play a PS3/Xbox 360 and run my MBP.
Is there a TV that I can get for this price range that will be a high quality monitor for my MBP? Many of the TV's I have seen in my price range are 1366 x 768 resolution. Will this look bad on the TV screen? I'm a college student and I live in the dorm rooms so I'm trying to kill a couple birds with one stone and save some space. Idealy there is a TV out there that will play a ps3/xbox 360 with the HDMI cord (I'm guessing in 720p for the price range) and that will work as a good monitor for my MBP which I will be playing games on and using to record tv, ect. Is there a tv out there that can do this? What will it have to have and are there any links to specific products?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8532938&type=product&id=1186008217365
this tv says it's resulution is 1680 x 1050 aside from the fact that it only has 1 hdmi input is this the kind of TV i should be looking for?

thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
it also says that it only has one component input, meaning you would have to switch cords each time you wanted to switch from ps3 to 360. you will need an appropriate HDMI cable to plug your computer into the screen but that's about it.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not so worried about switching the cables because I can still find a TV with 2 slots possibly if not it's not a big deal, but how will the picture quality look on a TV that only supports a resolution of 1366 x 768? It seems most TVs come with this resolution and that one I posted the link to is the only one I've seen in my price range that says it has a resolution greater then 1366 x 768 (the current version on the LG website says that they are making them now with 1366 x 768 resolution as well)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.