GarageBand Update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook running OSX Leopard.
I recently got a MacBook, therefore it has leopard installed. When first booted, the software update ran and found a couple updates. All of them installed fine except for the GarageBand update. The update contains all additional instruments and loops for the program. The software updater gives me an error every time i try to install this update. It says it cannot extract correctly or something to that effect. However, I have GarageBandExtraContent.tar in my downloads stack. Any suggestions?...maybe where to place the .tar file, or where to extract it to?...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi - I'm in the same boat with a new MacBook. Other updates work fine but can't complete the GarageBand update. I notice that the download is huge (1.1GB), and it seems to fail somewhere between 100-200MB. Network connection is still there and no suggestion that it is a lost connection or anything. I too have the .tar file in my downloads, but I assume it has only partially downloaded so can't be used for the update. Any suggestions/advice welcome!

OP
guitarman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook running OSX Leopard.
Mine downloads the full 1.1 GB but then gives me an error....which is probably more aggravating, having to wait forever to be told it won't work!!!...ugh...lol...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.