System problems

Reaction score
Ever since I got this 2.4ghz mbp in june i've had some random issues with it, mostly involving going to sleep and waking from sleep.

Ever since I upgraded to leopard (upgrade install) it has gotten worse. My sleep profiles never seem to kick in, i've tested this numerous times by leaving it on battery power and step away for hours only to come back to a laptop that never went to sleep and the battery is almost dead.

The backlit keyboard option i have turned off and randomly it will turn itself back on. Every few days I have to do a permission repair on the drive to get things working properly.

Would a clean install of leopard possibly fix these issues? Or should I just go straight to the apple store?

Reaction score
Do your sleep issues correlate with you plugging and/or unplugging the power cord?

Are you the only user?

OP
R
Reaction score
Do your sleep issues correlate with you plugging and/or unplugging the power cord?

Are you the only user?

nope, doesnt involve plugging in or unplugging.

and yeah i'm the only user. 2 days ago was the last time i had the issue where it wouldnt wake up. put it to sleep and put it in my bag to head to the office got there and it wouldnt wake up, have to hold down power for a min.

only time i can get it to sleep is when i manually tell it to or close the lid.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.