Microsoft office to Iwork

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 gb Ipod Touch
By the end of january i should be the proud owner of a flash new mac. and i am thinking about getting myself iwork because microsoft office seems extremly expensive but because of the college i go to and most of my friends have windows if i recive any documents from them it will be in microsoft office does iwork convert the document to pages or keynote or is it worth me just using a program like bootcamp and just install my windows version of microsoft office onto xp?:D

thanks for reading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
You can export documents, power points and spread sheets to office readable formats and they can also read office documents, power points and spread sheets using iWork '08

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
and if, for some reason, you don't find iwork doesn't work for you (unlikely) you can always download the free office suite NeoOffice (OS X port of Open Office)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Yep! NeoOffice works fine I have found, and opens Micosoft Office Docs

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Office is really not much more expensive than iWork...like only $20. I use both btw. iWork still doesn't have complete compatibility with Office.

IMHO, NeoOffice and OpenOffice look awful. I bought a Mac for the user experience...using ugly, horrible software isn't conducive to that. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Office is really not much more expensive than iWork...like only $20. I use both btw. iWork still doesn't have complete compatibility with Office.

IMHO, NeoOffice and OpenOffice look awful. I bought a Mac for the user experience...using ugly, horrible software isn't conducive to that. :)

We always get "Stitched up in the UK for software, its not like the states here.:Angry:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.