Boot Camp Partition Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2 C2D, 2GB Ram, 128MB GeForce 8600M GT
Hey guys

Happy Holidays, however I am having a problem with Boot Camp. I previously had Win XP SP2 on a Boot Camp install but removed it a week ago. I have now decided I want it back however when I open the Boot Camp assistant and it tries to partition the hard drive the mac freezes and I have to power it down. Any ideas on what is the problem. I checked my Mac HD with disk utility and the verify disk option showed it is all fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Oli

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Did you remove the BC partition last time when you removed XP. If not then no need of creating partition again. Just proceed with the installation.

If you did remove the partition then the possible problem is the size of the BC partition you're asking for and free disk space. MAC gives an error after long time that partition can not be created because files could not be moved so before you make BC partition, just create more space by moving files to external drive temporarily and then once partition is created you can move them back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.