I'm not the administrator of my macbook

Reaction score
Well, today I go to install some updates on my mac and I enter my username and password in and says its incorrect. So, I find out its because I'm not the admin of my macbook. It says "standard". I have no idea how I made this happen but can someone help me?! i've lost all administrator privileges.

OP
S
Reaction score
I get stuck at the step:

Go to Accounts preferences and check (enable) " allow user to administer this computer" for the affected user.

I go to account preferences and the enable button is grayed out so I can't click it

M

MacHeadCase

Which install option did you use to get Leopard on your Mac? Was it the Upgrade option? This has caused a lot of problems from what I've seen.

If you're still under warranty, I would give Apple Care a call or take it back to the store to get it checked. Or I would back up my personal files and do a wipe and install (Erase and Install) of Leopard.

M

MacHeadCase

You stand a better chance of getting a good working Mac on a fresh install, given your situation and the problems Leopard has brought.

Just remember to unplug all unnecessary peripherals before the install and when you restart, install the latest updates: they have fixed a few problems.

While the 10.5.1 install is underway (or any other update for that matter), make sure you have quit all your apps and do not use your Mac, let the install run its course.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.