can't unlock folder

Reaction score
I recently switched to mac and used my iopod to transfer my files. I was able to delete all of the files off of the ipod after moving them except for my "pictures" folder, which is about 7g.

It won't let me delete it because it is "locked" and when I go to unlock it, it won't let me click the "unlock" tick mark.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? I would really like to free up that 7g on my ipod.

OP
C
Reaction score
And I have already tried "sudo chflags -R nouchg"...

It says something about the command not being able to be completed :(

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What does chflags do. I just looked at the man page for it and I don't see how changing file flags is going to help your problem. I would look at chmod -R. Since you are planning to delete the folder. I would do a sudo chmod -R 777 folder. Where 777 is read, write and execute for the owner, the group and other (world). Then you can delete the folder.

OP
C
Reaction score
I tried that but when it asks for my password, I go to type it but it won't show up. It won't let me type in my password when needed.

This is so frustrating :(

M

MacHeadCase

You might try BatChmod but: I have no clue if it will work in OS X 10.5.x Leopard. All I know is that the utility is in Universal Binary. The server seems to be down at the moment... But I have tried it in OS X 10.4.x Tiger and it works.

There is also iRepair but have no idea if it works in the same way as BatChmod does.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You will not see anything, when you enter the pass word.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.