what is the purpose of expose and spaces?

Reaction score
I received a macbook for christmas and have obviously been playing around with it...

But what exactly is the point of expose and spaces? I have searched on the internet and on here but have yet to find an explanation I can understand. I'm not TOO computer savvy so anything in, er, simpler terms would be fabulous!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
simply put, they are built into the operating system to reduce desktop clutter, and make navigating through windows much easier. Expose contains 3 shortcut keys (depending upon your keyboard settings) that either give u access to all open windows at once, or only those of a specific application, or brings all windows to the edges of the screen, revealing the desktop. Spaces, on the other hand, are like having multiple computer screens. You can put all your open work-related apps in one space, all your play/chat in another, for example. You can drag individual windows from one space to the other, or simply open them in that space.

OP
C
Reaction score
simply put, they are built into the operating system to reduce desktop clutter, and make navigating through windows much easier. Expose contains 3 shortcut keys (depending upon your keyboard settings) that either give u access to all open windows at once, or only those of a specific application, or brings all windows to the edges of the screen, revealing the desktop. Spaces, on the other hand, are like having multiple computer screens. You can put all your open work-related apps in one space, all your play/chat in another, for example. You can drag individual windows from one space to the other, or simply open them in that space.

Thanks so much for the simple explanation! Will definitely have to play around with this apps :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Spaces is a great feature specially when you're running second OS out of VMF or parallels.. you can run it from another virtual desktop and have a dedicated desktop for mac. I find it very useful specially when running linux which unfortunately doesnt run in unity mode on VMF like windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.