E-Mail images replaced with blue square/question mark

Reaction score
E-mail is not displaying remote images.

I do have "Display remote images in HTML messages" checked. Even when I did not have it checked and I chose the option to "Load Images" the images still did not load.

This is also happening with some RSS feeds that happen to have links to remote images.

Where images are supposed to appear I am getting a blue box with a question mark inside.

I do have the preference for "Display remote images in HTML messages" checked. Even when I did not have it checked and I chose the option to "Load Images" the images still did not load. If I right-click on the image and choose "Download Image" the image does not download.

If I take the source of any e-mail message and use one of the remote image links within the source in a web browser the image appears without a problem.

Any suggestions on a fix for this problem?

Mail version 3.1
OSX version 10.5.1

Reaction score
Mac Mail Help> Under Displaying or hiding remote images......If Mail detects that a message is junk, HTML images aren’t loaded.

Check if Mail has detected the message as Junk, Try marking it as not junk.
Works for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.