iTunes Syncing w/iPod

Reaction score
I only have a 4GB iPod but I have a lot of music, iTunes wants to make a selection folder(playlist) for the iPod but I was wondering if there was a way for iTunes to only select the music I have checks next to. I have unchecked a lot of the songs I dont want to be on the iPod and I know all of the music would fit that I have selected but it seems to put whatever music on my iPod. Is there some sort of preferences thing I can change or do I have to add all the songs I have checked manually

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
How about making a smart playlist limited to size and you can use the arguments to select your songs for that playlist

OP
B
Reaction score
Wow, thats exactally what I need, but it places video in it, is there a way to not have those, when i delete them I still have space in the playlist

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Assuming you don't use automatic syncing, you can select whatever songs you want to be on your iPod. It makes it much easier than trying to find a preference that only takes certain songs.

Basically make it do what you want it to do. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
You can do it this way to

20071227-tr3218jqpm65yt79f9ukt99nya.jpg

you can also just use the "Kind" is not MPEG4-Video og what ever kind the video files are

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Here's a bright idea: we give the guy the advice he's asking for rather than some dang-fangled ideas

Plug in your iPod and look to the bottom of the Summary tab. There's an option called "Sync only checked songs." Go ahead and check off the box there and hit the Sync button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Happy New year to you to Kash!

OP
B
Reaction score
Here's a bright idea: we give the guy the advice he's asking for rather than some dang-fangled ideas

Plug in your iPod and look to the bottom of the Summary tab. There's an option called "Sync only checked songs." Go ahead and check off the box there and hit the Sync button.

Kash is a lifesaver, I dont think there is anything you dont know lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.