Just A Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5, MacBook, iPhone 4, iPad
Ok everyone I am new to Mac I just got it yesterday, so im learning as much as i can. My question is once the battery is fully charged is it like Windows computers to where if you leave the charger in while the battery is full will it ruin my battery. Cause ive already charged it like 4 times already since yesterday and it will be on my desk a good bit and i was gonna ask before i did it and then it ruin the battery. O and incase you need to know i have been waiting until the battery is down to like 3% before i recharge. Thanks if you can help me.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
feel free to leave the cable in all the time. it will do no damage. the system is smart enough to know when the battery is full and stop charging it.

you may notice while using it like this the battery charge will fluctuate between about 97% and 100% while the charger and power system on your notebook are doing their thing.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok so once the battery is done charging it basically cuts off power to it and just runs of the AC like a Desktop would do?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok thanks for the help you 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
My question is once the battery is fully charged is it like Windows computers to where if you leave the charger in while the battery is full will it ruin my battery.
This is not true of any laptop, regardless of what OS it runs.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i didnt say that just because it has windows on it a laptop that "RUNS" Windows it tends to ruin the battery. It happened to all my friends that had laptops cause they didnt always take them places so they would leave them plugged in and it ruined the battery to them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
Thanks for the link, shahvikram, nice one - just about to calibrate now after reading that :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.