1st gen 10gb ipod no longer connects to computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
Hello everyone,

New member here. I posted my ipod problem on the Apple Discussions page a few weeks back and thought I'd try over here.

I've had my old iPod for over 4 years now and as of a couple months ago it lost its ability to connect to my imac. Doesn't show up on iTunes or anywhere on the computer. However, while connected to the computer, the battery gets recharged. I've tried using other firewire cables, plugging into the other firewire port (other firewire devices work, so bad ports is not an issue) and restoring the ipod. No results. iPod plays music just fine, but just can no longer upload new tunes. Original battery died recently and was replaced. I was hoping that doing so would return the ipod back to normal, but it didn't.

Anyone have a similar problem or know of any solutions? Bad logic board perhaps?

Thanks,
Gary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
you might want to try restarting the ipod while it is connected to your imac and while itunes is open.it solves this kind of problems,and you should take a look at apple's ipod troubleshot pages.
http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/wheel/ --this should help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.