Macbook Pro Battery Isn Dectect/Hold A Charge

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.33 C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD
I've had a macbook pro since june of this year, and it's had several problems. First the wireless card was bad, giving me kernel panics and dropped wireless. That got fixed. Then, the logic board died. Thought it was the hard drive, so I replaced that as well. Turns out the hard drive was fine, and the logic board was at fault. Got that replaced as well. Now, the macbook pro won't detect the battery. It won't start up without being plugged in, and used to work when I pulled out the power cord after starting it up. But, apparently, that was all left over charge before I sent it in for repairs. The work was done by an authorized Apple Service Center at my college.

Does this problem look like a battery issue, or an incorrect connection on the logic board? Other than this the computer seems to work, and System Profiler reports that all the other hardware is present and accounted for. My model was bought in June of this year and is not covered under the battery replacement program.

Thanks for any help.

-ST-

Reaction score
I had a similar problem, Apple replaced my battery and it would at least hold a charge...not for very long but it would hold a charge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8 G5 -- 3 Gigs RAM -- 23" Cinema Display -- OneTouch II 300GB External HD -- Wacom Intuos3
Disposable batteries???

I am having the exact same problem as of yesterday. This just happened out of the blue. My battery displays an X instead of percentage or time. The light on the power adapter remains green at all times, and as soon as it gets pulled, the computer turns off. I have tried removing and replacing the battery with no luck.

It seems to me that this is an issue with the battery, like it's not being detected most likely because it's bad. This is really irritating because I already replaced the battery (battery bulge) which was less than six months ago. Now my new battery takes a crap on me? A hard pill to swallow when you look at the 17" MBP price tag.

Seriously, I love macs, i have three of them. But the quality seems to be taking a dump. The battery I have now was AFTER apple had addressed the battery bulge problem and I feel like they have done nothing to fix the issue other than replace the battery with another crap battery. Great, now I can count on my laptop working as it should for another 6 months... woohoo! This is a computer, not disposable contacts. :Angry-Tongue:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.