Xbox Live?

G

Gamer

Okay I was wondering if the new Airport Express would work if I hooked it up to my Xbox as an wirless adapter to Xbox Live?

I think it might need drivers but how do i get those?

Thanks
Adam

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Don't use the wireless adapter. I hear it doesn't work well AT ALL.

Do you have a regular AirPort base station? Plug your Internet into the WAN port, get another ethernet cable, plug that into the LAN port and plug it into the back of your Xbox. That's my setup and it works beautifully.

OP
G

Gamer

Version 4

I have Linksys, but it totally works with Airport Express using Version 4 software for Linksys, and yes I heared that to about the adapter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
It should

Gamer said:
Okay I was wondering if the new Airport Express would work if I hooked it up to my Xbox as an wirless adapter to Xbox Live?

I think it might need drivers but how do i get those?

Thanks
Adam

Out of curiosity, I hooked up my Airport Express to my kids iMac 233 and it worked beautifully. I'm using it with WDS on an Airport Extreme. I needed to copy files off the iMac to a PowerMac in the shop/garage, and before I ran a long ethernet cable to the network switch, I thought I'd give it a go. Now I'm going to try hooking it up to the XBox. :)

OP
G

Gamer

Let Me Know

Please let me know how you make out and what you had to get it hooked up to Xbox?
If any drivers were reqiured.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Works

Gamer said:
Please let me know how you make out and what you had to get it hooked up to Xbox?
If any drivers were reqiured.

Thanks

Nothing required. I made a patch cord and plugged 'er in. I connected up with Live! service and downloaded some updates. In the setup, I saw that it picked up an IP from the Airport Base. Just set it up as DHCP, don't need PPPoE or Static, etc... Worked nice. I have yet to play anything online yet, (no time, sadly) but since it connected up with Live! for updates, I can only assume it will work with gaming. I'm tempted to try it when I get home. :)

OP
T

turtle808

Absolute Zero said:
Don't use the wireless adapter. I hear it doesn't work well AT ALL.

Do you have a regular AirPort base station? Plug your Internet into the WAN port, get another ethernet cable, plug that into the LAN port and plug it into the back of your Xbox. That's my setup and it works beautifully.

AZ,

i have the white 802.11b airport, and i tried running a 50ft cat5 out of the <...> port. i can connect for about 10 minutes then i get connection lost.

am i missing some port mapping in the osx firewall settings or the airport admin utility?

i did create a closed network, but my xbox's mac address is in the access tab of the admin utility...
i tried this long ago and just stopped worryng about it until now.
i'd really like to get this to work.
the only success i have ever had with my xbox live is using a short cat5 directly from the modem to my xbox, which means i lose my internet on my 2 macs and a small TV for gaming. :(

please advise...

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Hmm... I have the AirPort Extreme base station without modem and antenna port... maybe it doesn't work with AirPort, but only AirPort Extreme?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.