iphoto editing and loading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24 inch iMAC 2.4C2d 320 Gig 3gig ram Leopard
Hey Guys I am new to this forum having a few issues at the moment can any one tell me why my photos that are edited do not stay edited when I place them any where else like desk top or Pages I am very frustrated trying to crop some family shots and they keep reverting to the original photos. On my wifes mac iphoto is taking for ever to load the library some times it wont respond spinning wheel of death and force quit this is the very reason I stopped using microsoft and pc's. Do these problems have anything to do with Leopard its hard to tell both our machines are pretty new I a C2D intel Imac 17 and a C2D intel imac 24
I would appreciate any ones advise and tis is only my first problem I have many more questions.

Reaction score
Are the images staying cropped in iPhoto? After cropping, are you clicking on "apply" then on "done"? How are you getting the photos to the desktop?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24 inch iMAC 2.4C2d 320 Gig 3gig ram Leopard
Cropping

Yes I am pressing apply then Done then I drag and drop the photo from the library or to pages and I see the original image even after replacing the original file getting very annoyed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
If you have clicked "Apply" and "Done", then the edited versions of the pictures should be in Pictures->iPhoto Library->Modified folder, just in case you would want to upload the edited versions.

And not wanting to be rude to Hayden 76, but can you please put proper punctuations on what you type? It's just netiquette and it's quite hard to read, not just for me but for the other forum posters. Thank you, and welcome to MF! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Sorry to read about your problems with iPhoto . You didn't say which version, but you said you both use Leopard so, you can try a few things

1. Repair permissions (Application-- utilities--Disk utility select you Hdd from the left pane and click on the repair permissions button and, wait.

2. If that doesn't help try launching iPhoto holding down the +⌥ keys you get a pane like this one

20071226-x4i5d9hwnx3c45x9sr8sdj4ngp.jpg

Try the last one (Only available in iPhoto 08 I think)
You don't say much about your wife's problem. One of the above may help. If she has a large collection of shots you can just move her library folder by dragging to an extern HDD. When iPhoto launches it will ask you where you put it . Then just point iPhoto to it with the menu that appears

Another way is to Launch iPhoto holding the ⌥ Key down and choose create another library. This way you can choose between which library you want to work in

Reaction score
Have you tried to export to your desktop from iPhoto rather than dragging and dropping?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.