• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

United States of America ZERO!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Terrorist 1 - Bush 0

Bush... next time make a investment make it me, invest in me, it's much safer. :D

my thoughts: Like your god and you can REALLY control the forces of evil?... Well your at it, stop our PC's from crashing, cause that's evil!

Oh, your so naivea, almost child like. No wait... if you had a brain... you be doing something instead of sitting and waving that fat gob of yours and the brain thing, you keep dreaming. Remember Vietnam?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Wow, you seem a little angry....

P

PinkPhishDoors

hype.it said:
Terrorist 1 - Bush 0

Bush... next time make a investment make it me, invest in me, it's much safer. :D

my thoughts: Like your god and you can REALLY control the forces of evil?... Well your at it, stop our PC's from crashing, cause that's evil!

Oh, your so naivea, almost child like. No wait... if you had a brain... you be doing something instead of sitting and waving that fat gob of yours and the brain thing, you keep dreaming. Remember Vietnam?

Wow, I didn't understand a word of what you said... But i can tell your very angry

P

PinkPhishDoors

When asked ``Can we win?'' the war on terror, Bush said, ``I don't think you can win it. But I think you can create conditions so that the - those who use terror as a tool are - less acceptable in parts of the world.''

There goes bush again not talking guud inglish at emerica

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I read this topic as "United States of Absolute ZERO!"

I'm so full of myself.

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Absolute Zero said:
I read this topic as "United States of Absolute ZERO!"

I'm so full of myself.

would you allow bush to rule your land?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
He *does* run my land. And if it were up to me, no he wouldn't.

D

davidwanat

Absolute Zero said:
He *does* run my land. And if it were up to me, no he wouldn't.

:eek:
Who would you rather have running it? The last Democratic Presidential Nominee, who's name no one even remembers anymore?

N

Nightblade

Al Gore? He was vice president for eight years, so how could you or anyone forget his name?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Funny thing is, Al Gore works for Apple now...

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and look at all the great things that are happening to the mac... now imagine if he was your president. hehe... :)

P

PinkPhishDoors

davidwanat said:
:eek:
Who would you rather have running it? The last Democratic Presidential Nominee, who's name no one even remembers anymore?

I believe that if you don't know who Al Gore is then you may have AlGoresheimers :D It was 3 1/2 years ago man.

And i can not stand another four years with bush there is a thousand reasons BUSH MUST GO http://www.thousandreasons.org/

I will name a few right now

Bush claims that because Kerry changes his mind some times( Bush's made up word is flip-flops) that he would never be able to lead troops in to Iraq... Hello George??? Maybe he wouldn't send in America when the rest of the world says NO.

Bush claims that Iraq had Weapons if Mass Destruction... It has been how long??? And now he makes jokes about not finding any WMD. That shows leadership skills?

Bush seems to think that Oil is more important then life, he orders that he get his oil, but i personally would rather find alternatives to oil instead of even person dying, it's not right. I don't see Bush going out there and fighting.

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK.. Can someone please assonant him and lets find out can oil talk on his behalf. I'm pretty sure it won't and can't... can it? Well, personally i think a President that can negotiate with other nations, think on his/her toes is better than one who spends billions on something and achieves nothing part from ruining other people lives.

All those poor families in Iraq. I'm sure all or most were innocent and had nothing to do with nine-eleven.

P

PinkPhishDoors

I know, Iraq was mainly not invlolved at all in 9/11. All of that was because of Afghanastan, but not really Afghanastan, but more just Osama Bin Laden. Why should peoples families over there die or be separated from each other. Bush could have moved in with other nations peacefully and put a stop to some of the problems there, but he had to do it the big tough guy american style, and waste away a lot of peoples' lives.
So much money is being wasted on war that all of that money could go to much better causes, like health research, or hunger problems, or especially ejukatun, which has become such a problem since we went to this stupid war.

V

vuschejan

This is the way I look at it:
Bush takes us to war to find "Weapons of Mass Destruction". However, we get there, obliterate the country and arresst their leader. After taking their country we give it back to them to rebuild, finding no weapons of mass destruction. Only benefit is putting a dictator out of dictatorship. Im all for getting the dictator out of their after what he had done to his people however wasting all this time and money doing it was stupid.
Summary: We went to war for something that wasn't even there.

W

Wapa18

i think you should all read this. it's an email i got from a friend:

As I head off to Baghdad for the final weeks of my stay in Iraq, I wanted to
say thanks to all of you who did not believe the media. They have done a very
poor job of covering everything that has happened. *I am sorry that I have not
been able to visit all of you during my two week leave back home.
And just so you can rest at night knowing something is happening in Iraq that
is noteworthy, I thought I would pass this on to you.
This is the list of things that has happened in Iraq recently: *(Please share
it with your friends and compare it to the version that your paper is
producing):
· * * * *Over 4.5 million people have clean drinking water for the first time
ever in Iraq.
· * * * *Over 400,000 kids have up to date immunizations.
· * * * *Over 1500 schools have been renovated and ridded of the weapons that
were stored there so education can occur.
· * * * *The port of Uhm Qasar was renovated so grain can be off loaded from
ships faster.
· * * * *School attendance is up 80% from levels before the war.
· * * * *The country had it's first 2 billion barrel export of oil in August.
· * * * *The country now receives 2 times the electrical power it did before the war.
· * * * *100% of the hospitals are open and fully staffed compared to 35%
before the war.
· * * * *Elections are taking place in every major city and city councils are
in place.
· * * * *Sewer and water lines are installed in every major city.
· * * * *Over 60,000 police are patrolling the streets.
· * * * *Over 100,000 Iraqi civil defense police are securing the country.
· * * * *Over 80,000 Iraqi soldiers are patrolling the streets side by side
with US soldiers.
· * * * *Over 400,000 people have telephones for the first time ever.
· * * * *Students are taught field sanitation and hand washing techniques to
prevent the spread of germs.
· * * * *An interim constitution has been signed.
· * * * *Girls are allowed to attend school for the first time ever in Iraq.
· * * * *Textbooks that don't mention Saddam are in the schools for the first
time in 30 years.
Don't believe for one second that these people do not want us there. *I have
met many, many people from Iraq that want us there and in a bad way.
They say they will never see the freedoms we talk about but they hope their
children will. *We are doing a good job in Iraq and I challenge anyone,
anywhere to dispute me on these facts. *So If you happen to run into John Kerry, be
sure to give him my email address and send him to Denison, Iowa. * This soldier
will set him straight. If you are like me and very disgusted with how this
period of rebuilding has been portrayed, email this to a friend and let them
know there are good things happening.
Ray Reynolds, SFC
Iowa Army National Guard
234th Signal Battalion

that's definitely something to think about

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anarkhy said:
Maybe he wouldn't send in America when the rest of the world says NO.

I'm not going to comment on whether I agree with the war or Bush, but I do want to put some perspective on this comment.

Just because the "rest of the world" (debatable in this instance) disagrees doesn't mean we are doing the wrong thing. Last time I checked, we weren't run by the ineffectual UN. The same UN that is mainly populated by dictators and had Saddam Hussein's Iraq as head of the Human Rights Commission. Does this make any sense to anyone?

I guess to put it in an even greater historical perspective....most of the world thought we should leave Hitler and Nazi Germany alone before WWII. Anyone still think we should have done that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hype.it said:
OK.. Can someone please assonant him and lets find out can oil talk on his behalf. I'm pretty sure it won't and can't... can it? Well, personally i think a President that can negotiate with other nations, think on his/her toes is better than one who spends billions on something and achieves nothing part from ruining other people lives.

All those poor families in Iraq. I'm sure all or most were innocent and had nothing to do with nine-eleven.

First off assassination is a pretty strong word.

So tell me again how China is perfect and what a model for human rights and personal freedom it is? ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.