Which imac should I get?

Reaction score
The two I'm looking at-

http://store.apple.com/1-800-780-50...524006/wo/OY7fVnp5J9JL3Wk6sjhiUdcs8bj/34.?p=0
plus wireless keyboard and mouse

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VR1WJ0/?tag=macforums0e4-20

I heard that the screen on the new ones isn't as good, but I don't really know anything about that.

I want Leopard, and I understand that the imac on amazon doesn't come with it, but that I can somehow buy it for $9.99? If anybody knows anything about that, info would be great. I'm wondering if the install disk they send has 3 installs on it, like it would if you bought Leopard separately. I also have a macbook that wants Leopard very badly [=

I go to an online school, and play the sims 2 with tons of custom content. Those are the main things I do with my computer, and the new screen on the imac is making me nervous because it might not work [very well] with the sims 2.

The computers are the same price... Free shipping for both as well.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
The first link doesn't work it takes me to a "session has timed out screen." If you are comparing a new imac to the previous gen please let us know the specs you are looking at on the top link.

OP
E
Reaction score
Yeah, its the new imac that looks sleek, compared to the old white model.

I'm just getting a basic imac-

* 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
* 1GB memory
* 250GB hard drive1
* 8x double-layer SuperDrive
* ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT with 128MB memory

I think that ones got the same specs as the amazon one...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Those are the main things I do with my computer, and the new screen on the imac is making me nervous because it might not work [very well] with the sims 2.

The new screen is glossy, which has no effect on how well games work.

The 2400XT isn't great for newer games, but older ones like Sims 2 will be fine. If you think you'll be playing some other games though, I really recommend you get the HD2600 2.4Ghz model.

OP
E
Reaction score
The thing is- I play the sims 2 with 7,000 pieces of custom content and six expansion packs. So it's huge, and I wish I could play it with the highest graphics settings but I think it'll go slow if I do. I read on the sims forum that people were having compatibility issues with the new sleek imac. Things were flashing blue =/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The LCD on the 24" is far nicer than the one on the 20" when comparing the Aluminum iMacs. I had a Core Duo iMac 20" 2GHz version. I liked it but I sold it for my current machine.
As for the link to the Ai Mac, it won't work for us because it is to the educational part of the Apple store. You had to sign in to get there.
I would say, it sounds like you will need to get an iMac with the 256MB video card.
But yea, the only difference between the two is the video card, besides the obvious differences in the case and glossy vs matte LCD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.