• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What Are you Having For Christmas Dinner?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
This is kind of like the earlier thread on Christmas Eve dinner, but for Christmas Day itself. I was curious about what people traditionally have for dinner on this day. We used to do the full turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc. thing, year after year, but with Thanksgiving being only such a short time ago, we have decided to break with tradition this year.

This year, we are having a big lasagna! Easy to prepare, low stress and very good.

What is everyone else for the usually very tradition bound dinner?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Bit like your tradition set-up but with roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, gravy and Roast Duck (instead of turkey)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Home cooked Prime Rib. My stumbled across a great recipe some years ago and we've been doing it ever since.

M

MacHeadCase

Tourtière (= meat pie), Caesar salad, pickled beets, Yule Log, red wine.

No turkey this year, at least not yet. Maybe for New Year's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
Home cooked Prime Rib. My stumbled across a great recipe some years ago and we've been doing it ever since.

That sounds really good!

For lunch (at my girlfriends house): I had Ham, mashed potatos and gravy, stuffing, rolls, corn and for desert Apple Pie and Chocolate Cake. (all home made).

For dinner at home I'm having more Ham Sweet Potatos and some more stuff. And for desert: Pumpkin Pie!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Turkey and stuffing and the usual for me here.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tourtière (= meat pie), Caesar salad, pickled beets, Yule Log, red wine.

No turkey this year, at least not yet. Maybe for New Year's.

Wow, sounds good. Reminds me that we are also having a homemade Caesar salad, a fresh apple pie and a robust Cabernet Sauvignon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
Gobble 'till you wobble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
My parents made (i should say making) ham. I will just be eating the mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Korean style BBQ. Our family doesn't really celebrate Christmas. Besides recognizing the 'religious' significance, we just spend the time chillin with family and friends.
Nothing is more itis inducing than a bowl of white rice, and Korean style marinated sliced prime rib with spicy kimchee and a nice glass of fine wine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Christmas dinner is over. It's boxing day already! D:

For lunch I had roast pork... for dinner it was cold meats and salads.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gobble 'till you wobble.

Unfortunately, that is just about what I did. I ate WAY too much! Groan!!

(I fully recognize just how fortunate I am to have such an easily avoidable problem! :D )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
Garlic bread, followed by roasted chicken with potatoes, rigatoni in gravy with meatballs and sausage, followed by a fresh salad with romaine and red lettuce, walnuts, grape tomatoes, olives, and gorganzola cheese topped with an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. Delicious.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I do brunch and no dinner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I do brunch and no dinner.

Sounds like a good idea! We did brunch, lunch and dinner and everything in between.
Yuk! I'm feeling it now. Ate too much and too many sweets. Not good...:Grimmace:

Gotta get back to "health awareness" tomorrow. :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Will starting to eat a little better also. Reducing the fats and sugars.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
A new traditions started a couple years ago when I decided to deep fry the turkey. Best turkey I've ever had. I inject it a couple days before to marinade. MMMMM so juicy...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
A little late....

I went for Turkey, 'pigs in blankets' (new to me - cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon) two types of stuffing, mashed potato, mashed turnip, roast potato, roast parsnips, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts (cooked with chestnuts and bacon), carrots, peas and gravy oh and fairly randomly - we had a couple of Yorkshire puddings as well.

Add to this a couple of glasses of wine and what ever was still making me feel a little drunk from the night before and you get a very poorly tummy and an early night last night ;)

The dinner was very nice - truly grateful to those that cooked it and cleaned up (guess its my turn today) - might be going for a smaller portion today :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.