Buying a new Mac. I have a few questions.

Reaction score
I have never owned an Apple product before.

I am so tired of PC's...Guess how many Pc's I have in my room.

I have 3 PC's in my room.

Guess how many of them work!

Just One!

I had to combine parts of one PC to the other and still This computer crashes just when I am surfing the web. So instead of buying a new PC today. I decided that after Christmas I am going to buy a Macbook.

The only thing in the past that has been keeping me from buying one is the OS. Not that many programs that are made dont have Mac compatibility.

I was looking online at all the programs I use and found out that they do have Mac versions! Because if it didnt have photoshop or some other programs I was not going to buy it.

My question is to you switchers, did you ever find yourself wanting to download a program and finding out there was not a mac Version.

I also own a Zune and they do not support Mac's. Which is stupid because the Xbox supports iPods. ***!

Anyway I hope to return here to the forums surfing on my new MacBook

Also WHICH Macbook is the best for it's buck and its ability. Because the Black Macbook is looking mighty fine. But then again I dont really NEED all that space...

So Here is to me, a first Apple product heading my way, and I couldnt be more excited!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
That's a big Myth that there is no software for the Mac. True there is much more for the PC, but who needs 30 anti virus apps and 25 drawing programs?

The MacBook is great _ I am getting one next year. If you find that you need a piece of software and are not sure what is the best Mac equivalent just ask here and you'll get some quality answers.

There still isn't an option to read and write for the Zune, but I guess Microsoft have no interest in making their player compatible with Linux and Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My question is to you switchers, did you ever find yourself wanting to download a program and finding out there was not a mac Version.

When I got my first Mac (a Powerbook five years ago), I couldn't locate a map/route planning program for the Mac. One finally did get updated... Route 66, and it was the most gawdawful thing I've ever used AND grossly inaccurate. It actually had an entire Interstate highway misplaced for starters! AFAIK, there still isn't one, but now that I have an iPhone, Google Maps does all I need now.

Aside from that, you'll typically have fewer choices of software for any given task, but they tend to be high quality choices.

I also own a Zune and they do not support Mac's. Which is stupid because the Xbox supports iPods. ***!

*shrug* I guess they know that no self-respecting Mac owner would ever bother with a Zune.

OP
S
Reaction score
*shrug* I guess they know that no self-respecting Mac owner would ever bother with a Zune.

I am sorry, but if you actually owned a Zune you would find it to be a great MP3 player. I was never a fan of the iPod because I was tired of hearing about a new one every year or so. Thats one reason why I like the Zune, you got the 2.0 software update that was the software on the new Zunes. So I didnt have to get rid of my current player to upgrade the OS. Also instead of paying 99cents a song(which is crazy) I pay 14.99 a month for unlimited DRM free downloads.

All and all, Zunes are great MP3 players and are equal in the capability of the iPod.
but now that I have an iPhone, Google Maps does all I need now.

I would love to own an iPhone, just so I dont need a computer when I want to update my website on the go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.