We are hanging here..... what to do?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Powerbook G4 PPC running 10.3.9 and I just accidentally booted it up with the OSX DVD from an Intel Macbook in the CD drive. On booting all i now get is a screen with the Kernel Error on it and the final line "Panic: we are hanging here..."

Is there any way to get the DVD out of the drive, as the eject button isn't working, and will this make a difference?

If there's any way of removing the CD and not loosing the data on my mac it would be very useful,

Thanks,

Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I am new at this.

Have you held the eject button down for 10 seconds?

You could reboot into safe mode.. Immediately after the startup tone press the shift key and then release when the grey Apple appears. Then restart as normal.

OP
M
Reaction score
Woah, holding the eject button down for ten seconds at boot up has certainly got the disk out! And seemingly, it's all better :). I shall suggest to apple that they make the warning screens slightly less alarming in the future!

Thanks,

Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.