Alu iMac not recognizing Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Okay. Helped setup my friends iMac. After the installation began, it said it couldn't read the disc because it was dirty. Okay. that's fine. Problem is. There was no way to eject the disc because it came bundled with a wireless keyboard that won't pair with the computer in time for me to force eject the disc out. what to do, she's bugging out and all I'm getting is Apple's grey apple logo screen since it cannot recognize the disc. any help would be appreciated, hopefully by tonight haha, merry christmas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
1) To eject disc, press and hold the Mouse button while booting up.
2) To select your startup disc, that is, either your Mac HD or the Leopard disc, hold down the "Menu" button on the remote (or option key on the keyboard, but since yours is bluetooth...)

OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Thanks! Installing Leopard on my new MacBook Pro right now :) Hopefully I don't have problems..happy holidays

EDIT: Just another quick question: The wireless mouse will work with the computer even from start up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
From what I hear, if the computer detects no USB mouse or keyboard, it will automatically scan for bluetooth devices. But I'm not sure about whether this is while starting up the system or starting up the OS...

OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Okay, the mouse did the trick to pop the CD out. The remote also worked in accessing my HD, but it still won't load passed the grey screen..this is so frustrating!

EDIT: Should I try using the other install discs the comp came with?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You mean it's giving you a grey screen without the CD as well?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.