wits end with leopard

Reaction score
So I got through my boot problems with leopard by going to the genuis bar at the apple store. They installed leopard and told me it was safe to shut down before the indexing was done. So I came home rebooted and let it index. Well it does not give me a time to finish, it will only go maybe up to 8% complete before dropping back down to 2% complete. Another probelm I am having is safari on boot up keeps telling me it cant save my book marks and there is no keychain access. I also cant open itunes because for some reason there is no music folder.

I have a 15" macbook pro 2.33 intel 150gb hard drive. Did erase and install. All files are backed up. Any help would be much appreciated. I am at the point of throwing it against the wall to just use my protection plan. HAHA just kidding.
Thank you very much
C

Reaction score
Sounds like some kind of hardware issue, perhaps your hard drive may be the source of the problems, especially if you've done an erase and install and still have the same issues. I would take the machine back to the Apple Store and show the tech guys in there what issues you're having, see if they can either fix it or give you a new machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Did you erase and install the original operating system?

OP
R
Reaction score
Well I have done both but when I went to the genius bar the guy did a erase and install. It seemed to be running fine there. I am also having problems with downloading. It keeps telling me that there is now space on my drive even though there is nothing on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.