Transferring contacts to iPhone

g23

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find an answer searching the forum so here goes:

My girlfriend got an iPhone for Christmas, and she took it to AT&T to get the contacts off her old phone since they said they couldn't transfer directly between the two (no bluetooth on the old phone, etc). They downloaded her old contacts onto a jump drive in ".pbb" format, which is an MS mail extension. We both have Macs, which don't support the format natively to my knowledge. Anyone have any ideas on getting that pbb file into address books or onto the iPhone?

Thanks in advance. This forum rocks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Best way that this should have been handled was to first synchronize the old cell phone to the Address Book in OS X. iSync can handle most cell phones for the task. if she still has her old phone, perhaps she can still do this.

If that's not an option, then you'll probably have to get to a Windows computer and use Outlook Express on it to convert the file to a csv format. If you have an Intel-based Mac, you could use Crossover to install and use Outlook Express without installing Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.