Time Machine Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
When I first got Leopard, Time Machine worked flawlessly, but now I'm running into some issues... When I enter time machine I can only access my first backup and my most recent backup. I can see the little tabs on the side for all the backups in between but they are grayed out and I cant click on them... can anyone offer any help?

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I found a solution from apple which says the problem could be the name of my computer, but it worked fine before, plus changing the name did nothing to help. I can see all my old backups if i look into my backup drive as I would any other but when using the time machine interface it wont let me access them... Any help would be much appreciated.

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow... I feel like an idiot... I had excluded the desktop from backups and I was opening Time Machine with no open windows so it was opening in the desktop, for which no backup except for my original backup. If i hit the applications folder i could then access all of my backups. If anyone else has this issue, I hope this helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.