does safari support active x

Reaction score
i am planning on buying a new Imac for home use but need to be able to connect to my server at the office that runs Microsoft Widows Server 2003, i have tried connecting through safari but have not been able to connect, so the only thing i could think of is that the browser needs to be able to support active x, is this possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Nope it doesn't support it- good thing, too, since it would open up the doors for spyware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
i am planning on buying a new Imac for home use but need to be able to connect to my server at the office that runs Microsoft Widows Server 2003, i have tried connecting through safari but have not been able to connect, so the only thing i could think of is that the browser needs to be able to support active x, is this possible?

You don't need active X

Have you tried Firefox - give that a go first.

If not can you get the ip adress of the windows server and connect using smb?

If not then microsoft has a solution

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downlo...download/MISC/RDC2.0_Public_Beta_download.xml

you may need to talk to your IT department about all this

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.