Having trouble removing an app

Reaction score
I recently downloaded and installed a program called Aurora, which ties into iTunes and functions as a wake up alarm. I decided I did not want it anymore and moved all the files to the trash bin, however every time I start up my macbook it appears on the bar on the top of my screen. When I search for it, it does not show up. Any ideas on what is going on and what I can do? Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I recently downloaded and installed a program called Aurora, which ties into iTunes and functions as a wake up alarm. I decided I did not want it anymore and moved all the files to the trash bin, however every time I start up my macbook it appears on the bar on the top of my screen. When I search for it, it does not show up. Any ideas on what is going on and what I can do? Thanks.

Redownload the program and see if it came with an uninstaller. Many times programs that come with an Installer utility will need to be uninstalled with a similar utility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
Sometimes it is not easy to delete everything associated with installed softwares. You can try using AppDelete by dragging the Aurora icon to AppDelete trash can and see if it will do the job.

OP
GringoBoy87
Reaction score
I reinstalled Aurora and changed the settings so that it would not show up on my menu bar. I deleted it again but I'm not sure if it has some aspect of the program imbedded on my hard drive that I just can't find. I think I should be good though. Thanks everyone for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.