Hot!

Reaction score
Okay, I know that laptops can become warm, but. my Gosh! My new MBP, after surfing the net for a long time....the bottom of this notebook gets very very hot. Does anyone else experience this?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yes, they run warm. The reason is that it is not designed to be used on your lap. You'll note that all major computer manufacturers have started to refer to their portables as "notebooks", rather than the older term "laptop". There is a reason for this - your notebook needs to be able to have air circulate below it. If you must use it on your lap, consider a lap desk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6Ghz, 4.0Gb, 200Gb (7200), High-Res Glossy, Adobe CS3 Std, Office and VMFusion (Solidworks)
I have been using iStat Pro, my MBP generally runs at 50-60 degrees on the CPU, however when I run VMFusion and Solidworks it can get up to 77. What sort of temperatures are you getting?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.