Rebooting a macbook

riz

Reaction score
i recently bought a 2nd hand macbook and i want to reboot it to make it fresh how do i do that?

because the macbook is from korea if i reboot it will it come up in korean the desktop is in english though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
you can easily set it back to english

go to  menu > system preferences > International

In the languages tab move English to the top of the list

If English is not there go to edit list and tick the English box

If you have the original grey install disks, however, you can do a fresh install by inserting the disc, and rebooting while pressing the C key to boot off the install disc and start anew

OP
R

riz

Reaction score
thank

thanks but because its second hand i dont have a reboot CD, any idea where i can get one from its a Macbook OSx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
first of all, its a reinstall disk/cd not reboot cd -rebooting is just shutting down your computer and turning it back on...

and you can get the latest version of OS X (leopard), which works on all modern apple computers, from http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...a/RSLID?mco=1D1ADA58&fnode=home&nplm=MB427Z/A

You can also purchased a replacement system disc (very important to have) for about $40, but you'll need to get in touch with Apple. Without the original system disc, you won't have access to the Apple Hardware Test, which can be handy if you run into problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.