Windows Media Player

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
I need Windows Media Player for mac so i can watch online tv channels but every time i download it it won't open and install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You are out of luck - I have tried everything to get downloaded BBC files - there is no solution for macs.

MS stopped development of WMP for mac in version 9.

All TV channels use time stamped downloads using Microsoft's DRM which is not supported in version 9

I know the fact that these TV companies are tied in to an MS only solution stinks, but until Apple or someone else creates an open standard for time limited downloads, the TV companies will not have a service for mac or linux

sorry about that :Grimmace:

NB: Do you have an intel mac, you could access the TY files through bootcamp and windows XP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Thanks for that Reel1.

But I have been following the BBC iPlayer thing closely, this new service for macs is a flash based streaming service - you still cannot watch downloaded movies on the mac because of the whole DRM thing

The BBC board have insisted that the BBCs new media division find a solution to this, up until that point, to be honest, the New Media division had no real plan to support Mac or Linux

Note: Flip for mac or any other codec, or VLC will not work, there is no product outside Windows Media PLayer for XP / Vista that will work

Its a bummer I know

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Oh well it looks like vista for me then stupid microsoft

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.