• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Merry Christmahuanaquanzifestidadcon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I'm out for the holidays! Y'all should do the same. Best wishes, etc etc. Keep your Macs out of the egg nog. See you guys 'n' gals after Boxing Day!

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all;

Additionally, a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes.

(Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit. Oh, and don't get your hopes up, I'm not going away.)

a_politically_correct_chris-700085.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
And so this is... seasonal holiday, and what have we done? Another mac purchased; an old one just undone...

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I'm out for the holidays! Y'all should do the same. Best wishes, etc etc. Keep your Macs out of the egg nog. See you guys 'n' gals after Boxing Day!

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all;

Additionally, a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes.

(Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit. Oh, and don't get your hopes up, I'm not going away.)

View attachment 7530

Excellent iRye! ...and a very merry politically correct seasonal winter holiday to yourself as well! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Why are people so offended by someone saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. I mean, I honestly don't care what you say, but is it really that big of a deal that you say Happy Holidays. Are Christians really that victimized in America? Come on.

I also find it funny that people are offended by Happy Holidays when most people don't even celebrate Christmas anymore anyway. They celebrate American consumerism, whether they know it or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why are people so offended by someone saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. I mean, I honestly don't care what you say, but is it really that big of a deal that you say Happy Holidays. Are Christians really that victimized in America? Come on.

I also find it funny that people are offended by Happy Holidays when most people don't even celebrate Christmas anymore anyway. They celebrate American consumerism, whether they know it or not.

I believe that iRye's post was very definitely intended to be humorous - perhaps with a bit of an edge, but humorous nonetheless, poking fun at the political sensitivities of the day. You need neither agree nor disagree to appreciate the humor in it!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
An OFFENSIVE Merry Christmas to all!

:D

I will be with family but have my iBook with me to keep in touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I don't think iRye wrote that himself as I believe I have read it before but maybe he did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
Yeah, I think it seems a little too well written for a 16 year old. :)

Of course, no offense to you iRye if you really did write that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey all, I liked it so much, I have made some additions to it, to make it sound even more impersonal and politically correct. Here ya go - what do you think?

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, non specific winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious affiliation of your choice, but with full respect for the religious affiliation of others who choose to practice a different religion as well as those who may choose not to practice a religion at all.

Additionally, best wishes for a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society the success it is today, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious or sexual preferences of the members of those cultures.

(Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification and/or withdrawal. Please note that this greeting imposes no obligation upon the wisher to implement any or all of the wishes for either herself/himself or others. Further, please note that this greeting imposes no liability on the wisher for any unintended emotional stress that these greetings may cause to those not caught up in the politically correct seasonal winter holiday spirit of the politically correct season winter holiday of their choice. This greeting is void where prohibited).

Please feel free to add to this! In best Wiki style, we could improve on this until it is the ultimate non specific, politically correct seasonal winter holiday greeting!

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nah, got permission from a guy at a different forum and posted it here :p However I could have written that.

Reaction score
Thank you, iRye. Happy non-specific winter solstice celebration to you and yours.

May the higher being of your choice (or no higher being if you so choose) continue to bless you in the next calendar year.

Peace on earth (and other life bearing planets, if they're out there) and good will towards men... and animals... we can't forget about the animals.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
some phone forum i visit, howard or something

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I hope everyone has a great time with friends and family! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.