iTunes moving .xml file

Reaction score
Hey guys I've had my iTunes on an external drive for a while now it works fine.

However I just now realized that I need the .xml, .ini, and Album Artwork located on the local drive of my MacBook for Connect 360 to work correctly. Is there a way I can get those three things back on the local drive while still keeping only the music files on my external drive? I keep trying to get it to work but it isn't working, when I move the files the iTunes will just create new ones on the external drive. I know it couldn't bee too hard I just can't figure it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I have my album artwork and xml file on my main drive and my music on an external

give me a sec and I figure out how I did it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know how you managed to get the xml file to work outside of your user folder

But the path to the xml file is probably in the file com.apple.iTunes.plist in User > Library > Preferences

Try deleting the itunes prefs (back em up first) and see if that reverts your library back to your User > Music > iTunes directory

You might have to reset the location of your music folder in advanced prefs

OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you so much!

That did it I'm so happy. Now iScrobbler and Connect360 and everything else will work as expected.

:D

EDIT: New question actually do you use Connect360 and last.fm? I was wondering if there was some way to get Connect360 to scrobble to last.fm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have used last fm in the past but cannot help you out with Connect360.

Maybe someone else can help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.