Photobooth and creative webcam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
I went out and got a creative live cam optia for use with skype and wanted to use it for photobooth but all i get is a green screen with noise at the top. If there anything i need to download so that my new webcam is completely compatible with my mac?

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved this to proper forum - Other Hardware and Peripherals*

You could try downloading macam. Just see on this list if your exact webcam model is supported.

Let us know if this works. Good luck! :)

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
no luck with maccam. thanks anyways :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
What about iChatUSBCam? Tried that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I went out and got a creative live cam optia for use with skype and wanted to use it for photobooth but all i get is a green screen with noise at the top. If there anything i need to download so that my new webcam is completely compatible with my mac?

May we presume it at least works with Skype? I have a similar issue with a Logitech Quickcam Pro for Notebooks, but it works well with Skype at least.

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.