msn messenger

Reaction score
i have msn and it asked for an updae and it downloads 2 files onto my desktop, wat do i do with these files? even when the files are there and i try and open msnmesenge it still asks if i want to update

please help|!

thanks

akash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
Sorry I cant help with your question, but I can offer a less messy alternative, Adium (http://www.adiumx.com). Ive been using it since I got my first Mac last year, and im loving it, very customizable and very easy to use.

However if you must use Messenger then id wait for someone who knows what they are talking about.

:p

EDIT: Works with your MSN, Yahoo, AOL accounts and many more I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
i wasn't a huge fan of messenger for mac. adium is the best i have found, except it doesn't support webcams. AMSN is the alternative if you wish to use a webcam, but i only use it when i need to use the cam.

OP
A
Reaction score
kool i got adium alredi but ive lost the feel of the orginal for windows lol, ill get used to adium

thanks very much

Akash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
there are some very kool mods for adium. get growl for one thing. i was the same as you, wanted the same feel as windows messenger but after a while i got used to adium and i love it. play around with the settings, change the skins etc!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
if you only use msn, you might want to give amsn a shot. i think it is really the best for having most of the windows msn's features. it's not very pretty, but it is great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.