huge leopard problem, please help with setup assitant

Reaction score
Hello,
I came home from work today, installed an update, as a restart was required, I proceeded to restart. Here is when the problem started, as I try to log back in, it keeps asking me to complete the osx setup assistant, the original setup I did when I installed my leopard. I will complete the assistant then click done, then try to login and the same assistant keeps popping up over and over again??? what on earth is going on, i have a lot of important stuff on my hdd I consider to be very valuable. How do I reinstall to tiger without losing anything? thanks guys I really appreciate the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
After doing a little searching on Google, I found this solution for your problem.

Give that a try and see if it solves your problem. Could definitely keep you from having to revert to Tiger or reinstalling Leopard if you decide to order new discs instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
This would also give you a good opportunity to think about getting a Time Machine drive. Cause while you can get out of this one, you never know when the next update might take you down....

OP
V
Reaction score
the starred out letters says the opposite of heaven, idno why they cant let us post ****..cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
the starred out letters says the opposite of heaven, idno why they cant let us post ****..cheers

Because of the word filters. Profanity of any sort is not allowed on the boards. It's a courtesy to all members.

Reaction score
Hello,
I came home from work today, installed an update, as a restart was required, I proceeded to restart. Here is when the problem started, as I try to log back in, it keeps asking me to complete the osx setup assistant, the original setup I did when I installed my leopard. I will complete the assistant then click done, then try to login and the same assistant keeps popping up over and over again??? what on earth is going on, i have a lot of important stuff on my hdd I consider to be very valuable. How do I reinstall to tiger without losing anything? thanks guys I really appreciate the help.

Hello, I had exactly the same problem, in addition could not start up from Tiger disk, or external firewire drive. I booted in safe mode (boot with shift key down), and then... the updates which had supposedly been installed proceeded to install themselves. After this, everything was back to normal.

Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.