Mac Compatible Web Hosting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - the white one :)...IPod Video 30 gig.
I'm a newbie when it comes to domains/hosting. I know the basics.

I recently wrote my first book and I'm going to be marketing myself, and my website will hopefully be the main place to check it out. Anywho, I have registered a domain with godaddy (yeah I've gotten chewed out by a few ppl for doing that), but I'm yet to host with anyone. I used to use omnis.com and fatcow.com when I had a PC (yuck) but now I'm curious about what the best hosting service is for mac users.

I've researched but can't find a thing. Please help :D.

Thanks in advance,

Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I don't think there is a difference between Macs and Windows when using a hosting service. Both platforms have WYSIWYG editors, coding programs, and FTP programs. Unless I'm missing something, you can essentially choose any hosting service.

I personally use Dreamhost and it works great. Not sure whether it's well-suited for commercial sites. Perhaps somebody else can shed some light on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to correct forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
i am a huge fan of dreamhost too and as a mac-frum user you get discount too!

Reaction score
Like Kash said, there is no difference in web hosting for Mac or Windows.

Anyone will work. It just depends on what your web site needs and how much you want to pay for it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - the white one :)...IPod Video 30 gig.
Thank you guys, big help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
incredibly not user-friendly
I recently moved my domain registration to them. I found a few things a little confusing, but nothing major. It isn't like I have a reason to log into it every day though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I use Godaddy for mydomain, and Downtownhost.com for my hosting. I find them much more reliable than Dreamhost was when I was with Dreamhost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.